There is a great amount of "associated" pop culture that is related to LGBT (ok some straights too) life in St. Louis and across the world. Some serious, mostly campy. Enjoy.
Is it Five O'Clock Yet?:
- The first cocktail party was held in St. Louis, 1917.
- The frst summer Olympics in the U.S. was held in St. Louis, 1904.
The Gayest Worlds Fair Ever? Ice Cream Cones and Hot Dogs?:
- St. Louis' World's Fair, 1904
A Gay Guide to Cooking:
- The Joy of Cooking was written by a St. Louis housewife.
A Girl's Gotta Travel:
- The first gas station in America opened in St. Louis, 1905.
Everything LGBT Kiddos Needed to Learn?:
- The first public kindergarten in America was in St. Louis, 1873
- Meet Me in St. Louis
Show Tune Classic:
- The Trolley Song from Meet Me in St. Louis sung by gay icon Judy Garland
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas from Meet Me in St. Louis sung by gay icon Judy Garland